Top 10 worst Baby Names Ranked , Let Check Your Baby’s Name On The List
Naming your baby is one of the first and hardest decision new parents have to make.
The users at Mumsnet held no prisoners as they picked apart the names given to thousands of babes across the country. Even one of the UK’s most popular boy names faced ᴄʀɪᴛɪᴄɪsᴍ The popularity of names changes year on year and just as names like Deidry and Mabel have fallen out of fashion so too will many of the names that are all the rage today. The hive-mind that is users of popular forum Mumsnet have been debating names asking each other what names they would avoid and why. The debate raged with some mums swearing to a.void ‘frumpy’ sounding names while others steering clear of anything with the suffix -den ruling out Jayden, Kayden, and Hayden. In the end they came up with a list of the 10 ‘ᴡᴏʀsᴛ’ baby names, reports Indy 100.
Here they are:
- Mia – In military circles it’s an acronym for “ᴍɪssɪɴɢ in action”
- Cameron – One of the names that could also be a surname
- Claudia – Classics lovers will know it means “lame” in Latin
- Luna – Sounds more like “a pet name”
- Graham – Because it sounds like “grey ham”
- Alexa – Tech-giant Amazon have used this for their digital assistant
- Lana – Anagram of something a lot ruder
- Fanny – “for obvious reasons” according to users
- Flora – It makes one mum “think of bac-teria”
- Mercedes – Make everyone think of the car brand
Keeping it personal, one user wrote: “Any names that are too strongly and negatively connected to another person or an event or memory. I’d always just be making comparisons in my mind.” Others expressed dislike for anything double-barrelled that ends with May or Mai. Old-fashioned names got slammed in the ᴄʀɪᴛɪᴄɪsᴍ frenzy. One user wrote: “Mabel, Ethel or Alice….still incredibly frumpy sounding to me despite their recent popularity.” “I don’t like when people give their child a “unique” spelling, and I don’t like surnames as first names. So, Jackson is bad enough but Jaxon is even worse,” another said