1. You read the pregnancy test. The next course of action would be to approach a doctor.
2. You take up exercises for pregnancy to help your body in a smooth delivery.
3. So you walk a lot and stay hydrated during pregnancy? That’s great!
4. Your Lamaze lessons will be put to test in the labor room.
5. The scales keep going up in weeks.
6. You do a second-guessing for the baby name.
7. The pre-labor visits when you are all smiles. Your baby seems to be growing well too.
8. You love the ultrasound sessions….you can see what your baby is doing inside.
9. You try figuring out the ‘exact’ face of your baby.
10. You try preparing the older child of the imminent arrival of a sibling.
11. When the contractions start…..
12. You look at the time and realise it was not hours but only seconds that your previous contractions lasted!
13. You mentally prepare yourself for the delivery.
14. And then comes the toughest of times…..you are set into labor, and you endure it all!
15. When you are asked to push, and you feel you can’t push for even another second longer.
16. A lot of hands will be going inside you, and everyone seems to know what’s happening but you.
17. Having your spouse or partner by your side gives you great moral strength.
18. Your joy of life arrives mucky yet beautiful and healthy.
19. The first skin-to-skin contact is an amazing feeling.
20. You wonder how your newborn would cope with his first bath in the hands of the hospital staff.
21. You might be anxious at how the older child will react, but will be happy with all the smiles when he visits his little sibling.
22. You can’t stop loving and wondering at the little bundle of joy.