The former first daughter and first-time mom is sharing new photos of her little girl.
Seven months after giving birth to a daughter, Barbara Bush is giving a rare peek into her new life as a mom.
The former first daughter and twin sister of our own Jenna Bush Hager offered a closer look into life with baby Cora Georgia in a series of photos shared during her visit to TODAY Tuesday to discuss a new children’s book, “The Superpower Sisterhood,” that she and Jenna co-wrote.
In one of the images, Cora Georgia is cuddled by her proud parents while standing on a beach.
In another image shared with TODAY, Bush cradles her daughter while her sweet cat nestles herself nearby.
Barbara became a first-time mom back in September after she and husband Craig Coyne welcomed Cora Georgia six weeks early.
“We were totally unprepared,” Barbara said on TODAY Tuesday. “I thought I was going to have her in New York, and my husband and I were in Maine that weekend. I woke up at 4 in the morning and went into labor.”
They looked up the hospital closest to their family’s longtime home in Kennebunkport, which just so happened to be the the Barbara Bush Children’s Hospital in Portland, and drove an hour to get there just in time for Cora Georgia’s arrival.
Jenna called Barbara a “natural” as a mom, telling Savannah Guthrie on Tuesday that she knew she would be.
Among other photos Barbara brought with her to TODAY were a pair of extra sweet snaps of Cora Georgia and her grandparents, former President George W. Bush and former first lady Laura Bush.
In one, Cora Georgia is serenely napping on her grandmother’s chest.
In another, Cora Georgia is cradled by her grinning grandfather, who’s also her namesake.
“He now calls her C. George,” Barbara revealed on Tuesday of her father’s nickname for her little girl. “She does take after him!”
Speaking to Jenna on TODAY in the fall, Laura Bush shared that she couldn’t keep herself from visiting her granddaughter in neonatal intensive care unit. Cora remained there for nearly four weeks after being born prematurely.
“I went every day to hold the baby in the hospital,” Laura Bush said. “We’re looking forward to the baby being able to get out of the intensive care nursery pretty soon, I hope, and get to come home with her mother.”
As for Jenna, she can hardly get enough of the little one either.
Barbara’s photos capture her twin sister sharing precious moments with her niece, including one with Jenna and Barbara posing with Cora Georgia and Jenna’s oldest daughter, Mila.
“We like to laugh,” Jenna said on TODAY when describing hers and Barbara’s sisterhood. “We want to find joy in life, and whenever I feel kind of down, I call Barbara — she’s joyful. She’s fun to be around. But also our parents did something right. They made us make sure that we support each other.”
- Sᴏᴜᴛʜ Aғʀɪᴄᴀn WOᴍᴀɴ Claims She Gave Birth To Record 10 Babies At Once
- A Mom Gave Birth To Triplets After Refusing Doctor’s Advice To Tᴇʀᴍɪɴᴀᴛᴇ One
- The Couple Was Happy To Welcome Nᴀᴛᴜʀᴀʟ Quadruplets After A Few Months Of Aᴅᴏᴘᴛɪɴɢ 4 Siblings
- Journeys More Than 2 Years The Couple Become Parents To A Total Of Nine Children
- Joy As Mom After Losing 6 Babies, Becomes A Mother Of Quadruplets
- Miracle Baby Born 39 Days After Mom’s Water Breaks
- 42-Year-Old Woman, Surprise Gave Birth To Identical Quadruplets
- The British Wonder Girl Baby Stands On Her Own Feet At 8 Weeks Old
- Why Should Husbands Respect, Care And Love Their Wives Unconditionally?
- Mother shares incredible photo of baby miscarried at 11 weeks
- Top Baby Girl Names In The U.S – HOT NAME
- A Snow White was born 12 years ago in a Nigerian family, what does the girl look like now
- Mom’s Drawings Show Life After Kids Accurately
- A single dad is horrified when he returns home early from a business trip and finds twin babies on his daughter’s bed While She’s in School