Your reaction to finding out that you’re pregnant with twins may have been anything from surprise to shock. But there are lots of reasons to be excited about bringing two babies into the world at the same time. Here are just a few of them:
1. Knowing that you’re only going to have to go through pregnancy once to end up with two children.
2. Enjoying the fun of choosing two baby names that fit together perfectly.
3. Being able to hold one baby in each arm while feeling a huge rush of love and pride.
4. Watching your babies sleep peacefully, side by side.
5. Only having to establish one routine.
6. Getting all the sleepless nights over and done with in one go.
7. Watching them carve out their own identities as they grow.
8. Knowing that they are going to have a best friend in each other for life.
9. Enjoying the attention that twins inevitably attract.
10. Feeling confident that they can help each other on their first day at school.
11. Discovering all their amazing little differences.
12. Watching them create their own secret language and games.
13. Knowing that they will never be lonely.
14. Loving the fact that they are constant playmates and can entertain each other.
15. Feeling special because you’ve joined the exclusive club of twin mums.
16.Not having to give baby number two (if only by a few minutes!) hand-me-downs.
17. Only having to bake one birthday cake and throw one birthday party a year – in the early years at least.
18. Seeing them learning and encouraging each other to reach their milestones.
19. Watching them taking care of each other when one is upset or hurt.
20. Knowing that their shared history means they have one of life’s most unbreakable bonds.